CEO: A.G. Wellens

A G Wellens came from a leather goods family who were in business since 1884. This dutchman decided to start a leather goods factory in Cape Town in 1954. In 1960 he decided to alter the manufacturing process from leather to soft PVC and in particular high frequency welding, silkscreening and gold blocking. Since then many additional operations came into existence.


In 1970 we built a factory for our special purpose. The ground that was purchased, had been a big river bed and when we started to bulldoze, many snakes were caught. At the same time the city council was going to build the new town hall on the foreshore, which was land made up of sand and shells that had been extracted from the ocean bed, which now lies beneath our factory´s floor which was dumped to level the ground.


Since then we have added many extensions to our premises to take care of our growing production needs. Today we are utilising 8000 square meters. The building in the picture (below, middle) has recently been converted into our new welding department.

Tel: +27 (0)21 534 3587 | Fax: +27 (0)21 534 8726 | 20 Hewett Avenue | Epping 2 | Cape Town | South Africa